[Kicking Off a New Series This Tuesday – Sublime Character]
We recently completed the Book of Assistance sessions on second Tuesdays of the month. Now it’s time for a new book!
Our Master Muhammad The Messenger of Allah – His Sublime Character & Exalted Attributes written by a descendant of the Prophet Muhammad himself, Imam Abdallah Sirajuddin al-Husayni.
Often ranked the most influential man ever on earth, one summarised him as the only one supremely successful on both religious and secular levels. Surely there are deeper and inner meanings to his intense and immense greatness.
As usual, Peace Meal events are always free, including the light dinner. No registration required either. Spread the word, come!
First session is this coming Tuesday, 14th of August 2018, 8.00pm to 9.00pm at Mukha Cafe, TTDI KL.
Pictures credit to Annie Spratt & Kitab Crate
It is an open secret that various people resist taking advantage of innovative technologies in their deal-making. To tell the truth, it is hard to understand on the grounds that it is no secret how useful it is to use the emerging technologies in their work. It is an open secret that this all is made for people to make doing business easier. For this reason, we decided to tell you whereby the NT can be useful for the day-to-day routine .
- It stands to reason that you are able to store your info in the physical data rooms, free information warehouses, databases etc. On the other end of the spectrum, you are to turn attention to the VDRs . What are their possibilities? In the very beginning, you are free to store there plenty of large numbers of documents. Also, they will suggest your crucial data the unconquerable degree of safeness. The same as with the Interweb, smartphones and various programs, you are able to carry on negotiations with the customers but it will be more convenient. In cases when you need some info, you are free to make use of the sophisticated web search engines. It will be much quicker to search for the info in the Virtual Data Rooms than in the physical data rooms or databases. Likewise, you do not have to solve any severities since you have the 24/7 technical support for this aim.
- It is self-evident that nobody can live without Web in the present day. People make use of the WWW for many purposes. With its help, we are free to download films, listen to music, communicate with people from different countries, store the documents etc. Likewise, one of the most popular ways of raising money is the business on the Internet. Nowadays, there are also diverse people run business on the Worldwide Net. But the corporations which are not connected with the Internet also need it due to the fact that it can be of use to the advertisement.
- In our epoch, there is the large multicity of manifold apps. People may use them for fun and for their deal-making. Some programs let you have a deal with the business partners different corners of the Earth, some of them will be important for the advertisement, some of them will be important for getting statistics. Also, many of them can be available for mobile devices. It stands to reason that it is convenient since you may work independently from your place.
- It is understood that all the people utilize the cell phones in these modern days. As a rule, they are used for communication. On the contrary, cell phones offer us the wide choice of odds which can come into play for the day-to-day routine. Also, there are also personal computers which have even more positive sides and can make your deal-making more efficient.
Finally, it is to say that it is hard to have a deal without any NT in our modern world and on condition that the world gives these new technologies to you, it is highly recommended not to ignore them. In such a way, you are in a position to save a lot of money inasmuch as instead of people, some work can be done by personal computers, cell phones, the Internet and Virtual Data Rooms dataroom . Further still, it can be accomplished any time you need it.
Why Islam and Hip Hop?
with Baraka Blue
8pm Sunday, 29th of July 2018
Mukha Cafe, TTDI KL
Hip-Hop has become a central thread of global youth culture, and a voice for Muslims all over the world, yet many in the Muslim majority world see a culture of immorality or Western encroachment on traditional culture and art. Come let’s explore this and more.
Peace Meal Film Club
Once a month we screen a film at 8.45pm at our usual spot, Mukha Cafe in TTDI. Typically first Tuesdays of the month with refreshments on the house. Films screened will be approximately 45 minutes in length.
No tickets, no bookings.
- Peace Meal hosts the ongoing Q Culture Club on WhatsApp. This is where instead of committing one ‘juz’, beginners to the Qur’an contribute at least a page at a time of their convenience. On the first Tuesdays of the month those interested come and read together with some free beverage. 30 minutes only at Mukha. 8-8.30pm. You’re welcomed. Click here for more on the QCC.
- Peace Meal Break Night will take place on the same night 8.30-8.45pm. Right before the Film Club. With food from Mukha, this is where we serve free dinner for 15 minutes only. You’re welcomed too.
Looking forward. Spread the word!
Session goes until about 9.15pm. Do stay back for Q&A if you can. Though this gig is not at Mukha, that signature coffee we serve will also be in your cups at CASIS. 🙂
Professor Dr. Muhammad Zainiy Uthman obtained his B.Sc. in Astrophysics (1986) from the University of Wisconsin-Madison (U.S.A.). After having completed his M.A. in Islamic Thought (1990) from the University of Chicago under Fazlur Rahman, he joined the International Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilization (ISTAC) in 1991 as Junior Research Fellow at the invitation of Professor al-Attas.
Upon the completion of his Ph.D. at ISTAC in 1997, he served as Research Fellow, then as a Senior Research Fellow. He was an Associate Professor and Curator of ISTAC Library from 2002-2003 and was awarded the British Chevening Fellowship (2003-2004) where he spent an academic year at the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS). In 2005-2006 he returned to Oxford as Visiting Fellow at the same centre. He translated al-Attas’ The Meaning and Experience of Happiness in Islam into Malay (ISTAC, 2002).
With Wan Mohd Nor Wan Daud, he co-edited a book entitled Knowledge, Language, Thought and The Civilization of Islam: Essays in Honor of Syed Muhammad Naquib al-Attas (UTM, 2010). He joined the Center for Advanced Studies in Islam, Science and Civilisation (CASIS), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) in 2011 and was the Director of the center from 2015- 2017. He is now serving as a Professor at CASIS teaching courses on Islamic Philosophy of Science and Technology, Major Muslim Scientists and Major Muslim Thinkers to name a few.
Prophet Muhammad In His Twenties
Dinner & Talk with Shaykh Mohammed Aslam
Friday 16 March in TTDI, KL
Register by sending a message to Peace Meal on Whatsapp [Registration is closed]
Before the revelation, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was already known, heard and trusted by many. Join us as Shaykh Aslam shares stories and meanings about his life at that age including his work under businesswoman and future wife, Khadeejah (ra).
Shaykh Mohammed Aslam memorised the Quran from an early age, after which he embarked on a path of seeking sacred knowledge. He ultimately travelled to Damascus where he undertook extensive private studies as well as enrolling in one of the most prestigious Islamic institutes in the world, Mahad al-Fath al-Islami seminary from where he graduated after six years of full time study with some of the greatest scholars in the world.
On returning to the U.K, he enrolled in Post-graduate studies at the same time as serving as Imam Khatib of one of the largest mosques in Birmingham. Shaykh Aslam established The City of Knowledge Academy which serves as a bustling hub of educational activity as well as also advising various community and grassroots projects around the city.
A simple get together typically first Tuesdays to read the Quran for the beginners. For the others, a gathering to increase our relationship with the Qur’an. Help spread the word. Do invite others you know who are interested. Share and forward the good word 🙂
The Qur’an Culture Club. This is where anyone come and read at least a page of the Qur’an. Each take a turn, largely meant for beginners who are not fluent in recitation. The QCC is mostly active on its Whatsapp group of more than two years now where people read a page a time, at their convenience. This is the monthly meet for those interested.
To join the WhatsApp group, send a message to Peace Meal +6019.334.5466
The above is the poster/bunting we put up at the QCC Meet, typically first Tuesdays of the month at Mukha Cafe, TTDI. Keep a lookout for it if you come.
At the time of Sayyidina Omar al-Khattab’s Caliphate, the Islamic empire had grown widely including a diverse set of peoples. Naturally issues came up, along with doubts and challenges by this a fierce defender of justice. The information is there so this evening will be about deriving knowledge for understanding and applying today’s..rojak.
Dr. Hellyer is an analyst and scholar. He authored The Other Europeans and A Revolution Undone. More on him at www.hahellyer.com
Season 9 (2017)
Season 8 (2017)
Season 7 (2016)
Season 6 (2016)
Season 5 (2015)
Season 4 (2015)
Season 3 (2014)
Season 2 (2014)
Season 1 (2014)
Time to bring out the book. 8pm sharp. Thanks to Surau of Bangsar Shopping Centre, they will serve light refreshments, so don’t worry about rushing dinner before coming. 🙂
By the way, leading the class is engineer, businessman and community leader, Mr. Abdul Rahman bin Ali. He has taught this book in various classes for some years now and will be connecting it with his experience working in KL, Singapore and Europe. He is the organizer of the Annual Symposium for the Scholarship of Imam Al-Haddad.